What is telehealth?
Telehealth Visits are a way for us to take care of you by video, so you do not need to come to our building. You see your provider through video on your phone, tablet, or computer. You can do these visits from your home or anywhere else that you have an Internet connection.
HOW DO I DO A TELEHEALTH VISIT?
When you schedule your appointment, our staff will explain how to do a video visit with your phone, tablet, or computer. The process is very easy. When you are in the visit, it will feel like a normal video call with FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, or any other video calling service.
Preparing for your appointment
Child and Family uses Zoom to conduct all telehealth appointments.
Zoom is secure, HIPAA compliant, easy to use, and free to use on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
For the best experience we recommend you install the Zoom App on your device. It’s also possible to use Zoom without the app.
Before your very first telehealth appointment, please open Zoom at least 10-minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow you enough time to assure the app is working, your Internet connection is stable, and you’re in a safe and comfortable environment.
Get started with Zoom
It’s not required to install the Zoom app, however, your telehealth experience will be greatly improved if you do. The app is freely available.
General instructions from Zoom.com can be found here.
Below are instructions more specific to Child and Family’s telehealth services.
Smartphone or Tablet
- Visit the app store
- Follow the instructions to install the app on your device
- Now, return to the Zoom link provided by your provider
- Tapping that link will automatically open the Zoom app
- Enter your name, and tap Continue
- Zoom will as for your permission for several things:
- Allow access to the microphone
- Allow access to the camera
- Choose Call using Internet Audio
- In a few moments you’ll arrive in the virtual waiting room
Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- Visit the link to your provider’s Zoom room
- A new browser window will open
- Click “Download and Run Zoom”
- Click “Open/install”, when prompted
- After a few moments you’ll arrive in the virtual waiting room
- Be sure to use Computer Audio
- Finally, if your video did not start, click the Start Video button at the bottom of your window