CFA’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, CFA’s top priority is to keep the children and families we serve safe and healthy. We are in communication with State and local health agencies to coordinate our response to the current public health situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Below please find a list of suspended services*:
- CFA is facilitating limited in-person behavioral health appointments. Telehealth (video or audio) sessions are available for all clients.
- Open Access hours are currently suspended, but new clients are welcome and intake appointments are occurring via telehealth.
- All group therapy services are available via telehealth.
- School-Based Health Centers are open Monday – Friday for immunizations, physicals, and mental health visits. A mask must be worn at all times during the visit. Telehealth appointments are also available – please call 860-437-4555 to schedule an appointment.
- As of July 2020, CFA’s early childcare and education centers, New London Day Nursery, and the Early Childhood Development Center in Groton are operating in-person in a limited capacity. New children are being welcomed – please call 860-489-3240 to inquire.
- As a result of the significant increase in community transmission in our area as of November 2020, school-aged services at B.P. Learned Mission has been suspended until further notice.
Para acceder a esta información en español, haga clic aquí.
*Subject to change
RESOURCES FOR IMPACTED FAMILIES
Yale New Haven Health has also set up a call center to respond to questions about Covid-19, give assessments to patients by phone or video, and determine whether someone needs to be tested. 1-833-ASK-YNHH. (1-833-275-9644). When possible, please call your primary care provider for guidance first.
How to talk with your kids about Coronavirus
If you are a parent or caregiver and feeling unsure about what to share, how much to say, and ways to navigate COVID-19 when so much is uncertain, you’re not alone. Families the world over are with you on this one. Here are some tips to get you through as the outbreak continues.
COVID-19 Vaccinations in Connecticut
Connecticut has prepared for the authorization and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and is preparing for a phased roll-out in late spring or early summer 2021. Learn more about this phased roll-out here.