The Monday, June 13th “pick” auction features books and monographs from the collection of Dr. Robert Carneiro. We are honored to assist this respected anthropologist and Curator Emeritus at the American Museum of Natural History as he winnows his collection. There will also be volumes on art, photography, philosophy, literary criticism, signed fiction, and history.
- Bancroft (1883). The Native Races. Five volumes in cloth.
- Kaberry (1939). Aboriginal Women: Sacred and Profane. 1st edition with dj.
- Cole et al. (1951). Kincaid: A Prehistoric Illinois Metropolis. 1st edition with dj.
- Griffin (1952). Archeology of Eastern United States. 1st edition signed by the editor with dj.
- Wallace (1871). Contributions to the Theory of Natural Selection: A Series of Essays. 1st edition.
- Underhill (1939). Social Organization of the Papago Indians. 1st edition.
- Strehlow (1947). Aranda Traditions. 1st edition with dj.
- Loven (1935). Origins of the Tainan Culture, West Indies. 1st edition, softcover.
- Seligmann & Seligmann (1911). The Veddas. 1st edition.
- Pitt-Rivers (1906). The Evolution of Culture and Other Essays. 1st edition.
- Wisdom (1940). The Chorti Indians of Guatemala. 1st edition with dj.
- Whitehead (1924). In the Nicobar Islands. 1st edition.
- Holmes (1924). In Primitive New Guinea. 1st edition.
- Cowan (1910). The Maoris of New Zealand. 1st edition.
- Howitt (1904). The Native Tribes of South-East Australia. 1st edition.
We are accepting consignments for future “pick” book auctions. Call Tom at 1-860-908-8067 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your books and paper. Be sure to visit our website: cfabookauction.com to learn more about CFA Book Auctions and be sure to read the webpages on “How to Sell Books.” Not responsible for errors and omissions.