The Monday, February 27th “pick” auction will have volumes on art, philosophy, literary criticism, history, and fiction. If you like children’s books, we will have a large assortment from which to choose.
- Wells (1865). The Life and Public Services of Samuel Adams. Three Volumes, 1st edition in original brick colored cloth.
- Grant (1885). Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant. Two volumes, 1st edition, three quarter leather with gilt image of Grant on the front covers.
- More (1795). Utopia containing an Impartial History of the Manners… of that Island. Original papers boards, worn spine.
- Locker (1881). London Lyrics. 1st edition, Signed copy dated 1882.
- Sigsbee (1897). Illustrative Cloud Forms for the Guidance of Observers in the Classification of Clouds No. 112. 1st edition.
- Einstein (1923). The Meaning of Relativity: Four Lectures Delivered at Princeton University May 1921. 1st edition.
- Ferguson (1806). Astronomy Explained upon Sir Isaac Newton’s Principles…in the year 1761. 1st American edition, full leather.
- Dodge (1911). Rhymes and Jingles. Later issue. What makes this copy special is the enclosed letter. To quote the first sentence, “Although you said I need not, I do thank you heartily for the two most welcome books that are to transform me from an ‘old fogie’ to the very mostest enlightened woman of the age!”
- Harris (1883). Nights with Uncle Remus. 1st edition.
- Minot (1798). Continuation of the History of the Province of Massachusetts Bay… from Its Original Settlement. 1st edition.
- Chickering (1883). Cloud Crystals: A Snow Flake Album. 1st
- Landor (1909). Poems Dialogues in Verse and Epigrams. Two volumes, 1st What makes this copy special is that it is signed by Katharine Lee Bates who wrote the song “America the Beautiful.” It includes a typed signed poem “The Tryst” with corrections in her handwriting.
- Hardy (1899). Wessex Poems and Other Verses. 1st
- Ballin (1885). The Science of Dress in Theory and Practice. 1st
- Thaxter (1895). An Island Garden. 1st What makes this copy special is that it includes a poem “Song” handwritten and signed by Thaxter.
- Whittier (1891). The Poetical Works of John Greenleaf Whittier. What makes this copy special is that it includes a poem “Charity” handwritten and signed by Whittier.
- Lamb (1879). Tales from Shakespeare. Illustrated edition, three quarter leather
We are accepting consignments for future “pick” book auctions. Call Tom at 1-860-908-8067 or email at email@example.com to discuss your books and paper. Be sure to visit our website: cfabookauction.com to learn more about CFA Book Auctions and be sure to read the webpages on “How to Sell Books.” Not responsible for errors and omissions.