BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, PSYCHIATRY & MEDICAL SERVICES
Child & Family Agency of Southeastern CT, Inc. (CFA) is committed to providing clients with the best possible care for everyone they serve. For this to be possible regular attendance is essential. Therefore, the following attendance policies are required:
In order to maintain services, you and/or your child must have contact with your provider every 30 days.
- If attempts to engage you or your child in services are unsuccessful, then services will be discontinued, and we will provide you with a list of service providers.
- Client Enrollment and Relations Specialists (CERS) are charged with supporting clients who are struggling to regularly attend their appointments. The CERS will work with you to reduce barriers and determine the best service for you and/or your child; referring to a different service when appropriate.
- If you find that you’re experiencing difficulties attending appointments, reach out to your provider for support.
- See Financial Responsibility Agreement for Counseling Services for more information about attendance policies and fees.
Cancellations/Missed Appointments: A pattern of missed appointments may lead to your appointment not being guaranteed.
- If you or your child is sick and cannot attend the session, contact the office as soon as possible to reschedule. Staff will make every effort to shift your appointment to telehealth. If telehealth is not an option, your appointment will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, you must cancel your appointment 2 business days prior to the appointment time.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and coded as DNKA (Did Not Keep Appointment).
- If you cancel late (meaning less than 2 business days’ notice) and are unable to reschedule your appointment within the same week (or Friday appointments to the following Monday), your appointment will be coded as a cancellation (DNKA).
Three cancellations in a two-month period will result in consultation with the Client Enrollment and Relations Specialist (CERS) and the clinical team will assess the effectiveness of current treatment. Determination of clinical appropriateness of treatment plan, engagement needs and/or scheduling options which may result in a change in service program delivery or discontinuation of services.