Special Announcement regarding the OCTOBER CFA BOOK AUCTION
We have just received a delivery of books concerned with medicine, science, fiction, and history. This material will be in the Monday, October 17th sale. I have not had the opportunity to examine the material but to give you an idea of the items in this consignment here are some of the books randomly pulled from two boxes:
- Harris and Benedict (1919). A Biometric Study of Basal Metabolism in Man.
- Westcott (1875). The Official Guide to Philadelphia with maps.
- Shockley (1950). Electrons and Holes in Semiconductors.
- Lockwood (1883). Electricity, Magnetism, and Electric Telegraphy.
- Linehan (1955). Tornado Deaths in the United States.
- Courtenay (1833). An Elementary Treatise on Mechanics.
- Koester (1908). Steam Electric Power Plants.
- French (1907). Steam Turbines: Practice and Theory.
- Du Moncel(1879). The Telephone, the Microphone and the Phonograph.
- Dumas (circa 1890). La Dame Aux Camelias.
The Monday, October 17th “pick” auction will have volumes on art, philosophy, literary criticism, history, and signed fiction. If you are a fan of bibliography or genealogy, there will be much to choose from.
- Quick (2007). George Inness: A Catalogue Raisonne. 1st edition,two volumes with dj in slipcase.
- Gauss (1998). Marc Chagall: The Lithographs. 1st edition with dj.
- Reed (1984). The Illustrator in America 1880 – 1980. 1st Special Edition with stamped original miniature by Beckhoff. Signed by the Authors in slipcase.
- Delteil (1999). Camille Pissarro: The Etching and Lithographs: Catalogue Raisonne. 1st edition with dj.
- Grossvogel (2000), Claude – Emile Schuffenecker: Catalogue Raisonne. 1st edition, Vol. 1 with dj.
- Bailly (2002). Jean Duffy: Catalogue Raisonne, 1st edition with dj in slipcase.
- Pissarro (2005). Pissarro: Critical Catalogue of Paintings. 1st edition, 3 vols. in dj with slipcase.
- Berwick (1809). The Life of Apollonius of Tyana. Ex library copy from the special collections of the University of Bridgeport.
- Robertson (1896). The Kafirs of the Hindu – Kush. Ex library copy from the special collections of the University of Bridgeport.
- Bagehot (1874). Lombard Street: A Description of the Money Market. Ex library copy from the special collections of the University of Bridgeport.
- Babbage (1832). On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures. 1st edition, ex library copy from the special collections of the University of Bridgeport.
- Anon (1911). The Plimpton Press Yearbook. 1st
- Silliman (1820). Remarks Made on a Short Tour Between Hartford and Quebec in the Autumn of 1819. 2nd edition, rebound in brown cloth.
- Bernhard (1828). Travels through North America During the Years 1825 and 1826. 1st edition, 2 Vols. bound into one.
We are accepting consignments for future “pick” book auctions. Call Tom at 1-860-908-8067 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your books and paper. Be sure to visit our website: cfabookauction.com to learn more about CFA Book Auctions and be sure to read the webpages on “How to Sell Books.” Not responsible for errors and omissions.